This course will deliver a comprehensive introduction to the essential knowledge and skills of project management. The course aims to take participants through the basics of project management to a point where they will feel confident in attempting to plan, start and execute a project with confidence. The course is interactive and uses a mix for learning and teaching techniques including case studies and videos to appeal to all learning styles.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Project Management Fundamentals
- Defining Your Project
- Key roles & responsibilities
- Analysing feasibility
- Establishing Critical Success factors
- Defining the project vision & objectives
- Project planning tools – Gantt Charts, PERT, critical path
- Committing resources
- Validating the plan
- Building a project team
- Project leadership
Project Performance Monitoring
- Tracking progress
- Review meetings
- Overcoiming problems
- Dealing with change
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Chief operations officers
- Project and operations directors, managers, practitioners and team members.
- Those who wish to take a holistic, integrated approach to managing projects, addressing both technical and management challenges.
- Those who wish to place an equal emphasis on both individual project execution and the strategic perspective, to be equipped with the means with which to manage projects at both the programme and portfolio levels.
- Those who wish to broaden their focus beyond the traditional project management activities of planning and scheduling, project control, and termination, to a more general, inclusive, and hence, more valuable perspective of the project management process.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the primary skill need to manage projects.
- Understand the structure and resource management in projects.
- Appreciate the key role projects play in organizations.