By attending this course, you will explore the specific role that is required of strategic managers in an organization with a more detailed examination of some key elements.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Organizational Role of the Strategic Manager
- What is Strategic Management?
- Understanding the Strategic Position of the organization
- the Strategic Toolkit
- Stakeholder Management
- Funding strategic priorities
- Ensuring revenue resilience
- Managing reserves
- Crises planning
Human Capital Strategy
- Talent Management
- Pay and reward
- Succession planning
- The corporate dashboard
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for Board-level Directors & Deputy Directors, and all other Senior Managers who are responsible for achieving the organization’s strategic objectives & can commit the resources to achieve them.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Focus on ensuring that the organization’s operations are fit for purpose in the current, medium and long term.
- Keep a strategic overview of operations.
- Understand when and how to ‘intervene’ in the organization’s operations.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3455 + VAT