This training workshop explains the fundamentals of accounting and how they are used to produce financial statements.
- Accounting concepts
- Steps in the accounting cycle
- The objectives of financial reporting
- Financial reporting standards
The Profit and Loss Statement
- Measurement of income
- Types of costs and expenses
- The many levels of profit
- Opex and capex
The Balance Sheet
- Constituents of the balance sheet
- The fundamental accounting equation
- Importance of working capital
- Exercise – prepare a set of accounts
This training workshop is suitable for:
- New accounting staff who need to understand the financial accounting function holistically.
- Accountancy staff with no formal qualifications.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will understand:
- The links between accounting principles and the preparation of financial statements.
- Definitions of the content and functions of the two key financial statements.
- How to prepare a set of financial statements from scratch.
£2035 + VAT