Until a few years ago few professional investors chose “socially responsible investments” when seeking destinations for assets under management. These investors might, for ethical reasons, have avoided so-called “sin stocks” such as investments in gambling, tobacco or alcohol. However, analysis in the early part of the 21st century showed that in fact there was a direct link between financial performance and a wider set of sustainability-related factors and the initiative “Principles for Responsible Investment” was launched in 2006. PRI’s role is to promote Environmental, Social and Governance criteria as an aid to investment selection and management. This has made ESG investing increasingly popular. This training workshop examines the growth of ESG in the field of investment, and is a useful bridge to other workshops we run on Corporate Governance and Sustainability.
- ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) investing
- The shareholder perspective on ESG
- Principles for Responsible Investment
- The links between responsible investing and financial performance
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to:
- Community Relations managers and executives
- Health, Safety and Environmental managers and officers
- Risk managers and professionals
- Legal and compliance managers and professionals
- Managers and staff who wish to develop business practices to help their organizations act in a responsible way.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing corporate strategies that consider environmental, social and governance issues.
- Managers and staff responsible for CSR projects.
- Managers and staff who plan and implement corporate policies in relation to community relations, environmental protection, health and safety, procurement and the supply chain.
- Any member of the organization who is tasked with developing sustainability or corporate responsibility initiatives or strategies.
- Executives tasked with delivering business results while at the same time protecting and enhancing their company’s reputation for responsible behaviour.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have:
- Understood the importance of Environmental, Social and Governance factors in investment selection and management.
- Learned about methods to measure ESG.
- Analysed the Principles for Responsible Investment initiative.
- Linked ESG to sustainability reporting methods such as GRI.
£690 + VAT
Spaces limited to NINE (9) delegates per course. Book Now to avoid missing out!