The fundamental nature of organizations hasn’t changed, the pace of change is moving ever faster. In HR, as in many parts of the organization, we are being asked to achieve more with either the same resources or fewer. This is the time for you to be even more strategic in your outlook and actions. Getting the daily tasks done no longer guarantees employment for any of us. We have to think and act in a more thoughtful and strategic way to add value to our organization and work. This course will take you through the necessary steps to achieve this.
This course also explores organization performance from the many facets of an organization. We will take you on a journey from a strategic view right through to the individual, exploring performance from many angles to gain insights into what really works in organizations today.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- The strategic nature of HR
- HR Models – Strengths and Weaknesses
- The strategic business partner model
Organizational Development Strategy
- Organizational Development Activities
- Formulating and implementing OD strategy
- Culture Change
Knowledge Management Strategy
- The Two Types of Knowledge
- Knowledge Management toolkit
- Knowledge Management as part of Organizational Culture
- The Leader Within
- Personal Motivation to Change
Performance Management Strategy
- Common Challenges with Performance Management
- The Performance Cycle
- Effective Ways to improve Performance
The Employee Engagement Cycle
- Recruitment and Selection
- Discipline and Grievance
Organizational Culture and Change
- The Competency Concept
- Developing a Coaching Culture
- Emotional Intelligence
Reward and its Impact on Performance
- What is acceptable performance?
- The evolving organizational role of employment culture
- Money and its’ Impact on Motivation
- The 3 Drivers of Performance
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- HR directors
- Heads of HR functions
- HR business partners
- Senior HR executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to contribute to the development and implementation of HR strategy.
- Chief officers, Chairpersons, Board members, Company directors, Heads of Departments, and all those at the highest levels of an organization interested in developing an in-depth knowledge of strategic HRM.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- The strategic nature of HR.
- The process of formulating and implementing organizational development strategy.
- The meaning and significance of human capital management (HCM).
- The approaches to the development of knowledge management strategies.
- Analyse and examine ways to improve performance of teams and individuals.
- Explore the difficulties of induction and the benefits of getting it right.
- Understand why competencies should be at the heart of your strategic thinking.
- Deepen your understanding of competencies with increased Emotional Intelligence as central to your organization culture.
- Understand how money really impacts performance.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.