This course details the importance of understanding the external operating environment and its impacts upon Operations Strategy planning and delivery. It includes a full end-to-end Strategy Creation toolkit to enable delegates to swiftly and confidently implement their learning. You will also learn how to set meaningful, effective and realistic key performance indicators to monitor strategy delivery and progress towards strategic goals.
Organizations often underestimate the optimal time horizon for key elements of Operational Strategy roll out. This course provides delegates with a structured approach to time horizon planning and also expands to incorporate Disaster Recovery Planning and Business Contingency Structures.
This course covers the crucial role of communication and handover of strategy to both the wider organization and the Operations Management team tasked with delivery of the strategy.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Managing the Operations Environment
- Understanding the organizational Operating Environment
- Operations Strategy Creation Toolkit
- Setting effective Operations Strategy KPI’s
Operations Strategy – Managing Time Horizons
- Determining the optimal Strategy timescale
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Developing the Business Contingency Structure
Operations Strategy – Communication and Handover
- Creating the Business Case for Senior Executives
- Effective communication and engagement with stakeholders
- Effective handover to Operations Management teams
Operations Strategy – Use of Industry 4.0 Technologies
- Human Cyber Systems
- The Industrial Internet of things (IIOT)
- Predictive Analytics
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Heads of Operations
- Operations Managers
- Project Managers
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the impacts of the external operating environment upon Operations strategy creation and implementation.
- Ensure effective engagement with internal stakeholders.
- Effectively handover Operations strategy to the Operations Management team.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.