This course leads delegates through the key elements of Operations Strategy, from effective strategy creation, alignment, through to objective resource planning and establishing key strategic deliverables.
This course also leads delegates through the key elements of excellence within Operations Strategy; understanding and aligning Operations Strategy with the wider external operating environment, Effective communication and engagement with stakeholders and the effective management of time horizons within strategy creation and roll out.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Role and Contribution of Operations Strategy to the Organization
- Aligning Operations Strategy with overall Organizational Strategy & Goals
- Key Planning Techniques within Operations Strategy
Developing Operations Strategy
- Assessing Operations Strategy Deliverables
- Effective Management of change within Operations Strategy
- Understanding key dependencies within Operations Strategy
Operations Resource Management
- Understanding the key dynamics of Internal Resources
- Effective Risk Management
- Building resilience within Operations Strategy
Demand Forecasting Techniques
- Creating effective Demand Forecasts
- Managing changes in volume and variation
- Utilizing the demand plan within the organization
Managing the Operations Environment
- Understanding the organizational Operating Environment
- Operations Strategy Creation Toolkit
- Setting effective Operations Strategy KPI’s
Operations Strategy – Managing Time Horizons
- Determining the optimal Strategy timescale
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Developing the Business Contingency Structure
Operations Strategy – Communication and Handover
- Creating the Business Case for Senior Executives
- Effective communication and engagement with stakeholders
- Effective handover to Operations Management teams
Operations Strategy – Use of Industry 4.0 Technologies
- Human Cyber Systems
- The Industrial Internet of things (IIOT)
- Predictive Analytics
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Senior executives with responsibility for strategy
- Heads of Operations
- Operations Managers
- Project Managers
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key Operations Strategy creation.
- Understand how to effectively manage resources to optimize both resources and strategy outcomes.
- Manage a range of changes effectively.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the impacts of the external operating environment upon Operations strategy creation and implementation.
- Ensure effective engagement with internal stakeholders.
- Effectively handover Operations strategy to the Operations Management team.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.