This training workshop will deliver a comprehensive introduction to the essential knowledge and skills of project management. The workshop aims to take participants through the basics of project management to a point where they will feel confident in attempting to plan, start and execute a project with confidence. The workshop is interactive and uses a mix for learning and teaching techniques including case studies and videos to appeal to all learning styles.
Fundementals of Project Management
- Defining a project
- Key roles & responsibilities
- Analysing feasibility
- Establishing Critical Success factors
- Defining the project vision & objectives
- Project planning tools – Gantt Charts, PERT, critical path
- Committing resources
- Validating the plan
- Assessing Risk on your Project
- Stakeholder Management
- Managing Changes in your Project and Project Closure
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Chief Operations Officers
- Project and Operations Directors, Managers, Practitioners and team members.
- Those who wish to take a holistic, integrated approach to managing projects, addressing both technical and management challenges.
- Those who wish to place an equal emphasis on both individual project execution and the strategic perspective, to be equipped with the means with which to manage projects at both the programme and portfolio levels.
- Those who wish to broaden their focus beyond the traditional project management activities of planning and scheduling, project control, and termination, to a more general, inclusive, and hence, more valuable perspective of the project management process.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will:
- Understand the primary skills needed to manage projects.
- Understand the structure and resource management in projects.
- Appreciate the key role projects play in organisations.