By attending this PR course, you will creatively explore practical skills and the commercial acuity required to manage the image and reputation of organizations and brands. By contextualizing PR and communication theory, it will create a vast range of options in how you can revolutionize media strategy, bond with affinity groups and manage content.
This course will compel you to incorporate all strengths, pressing crises and past obstacles into the DNA of the organization, services or brands you are entrusted to manage. By formulating impeccable public relations campaigns, we can align corporate strategy by examining the PR to revitalize stakeholder relations, media, events and internal communications.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Managing PR Communications
- Origin of Public Relations
- Internal and External Communications
- Relationship Management
- Understanding Channels of PR
Media Relations and Press Strategy
- Best Practice of PR
- Dealing with Media. Editors, Opinion Holders and Journalists
- Media Relations and Interview Techniques
- Finding the PR Opportunities
Corporate Reputation and Stakeholder Engagement
- Building a Reputation
- Measuring Stakeholder Perceptions
- Attitudinal Analysis Encouraging Receptivity
- Excelling Corporate Image
Social Media Approaches to Public Relations
- The Social Media Landscape
- Platform Functionalities and Use
- How to Grow Followers / Supporters
Crisis and Issue Management
- The Signs of Crisis
- Managing the Crisis
- Issue Management and Prioritizing
- Resolving Conflicts
Public Relations Planning – Tools and Methodology
- Best Methods of Media Coverage
- Formulating Press Release and Editor Pitches
- Brand Media Landscape Analysis
- Measuring PR Return on Investment (RoI)
Ethical Framework of Public Relations
- Public Relations, Ethics and Accountability
- Best Practice – Complaint Handling And Regeneration
- Integrity Through PR Insight
- Corporate Social Responsibility Implication to PR
Public Relations and Publicity Generation
- How to Increase Media Exposure
- Building Strategic Alliances
- Tips for Media Success
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This PR course is suitable for:
- Marketing and PR Communications Directors.
- Media or Marketing Managers and PR executives.
- Corporate Communications Team
- C-Suite Executives
Upon completion of this PR course, you will be able to:
- Deliver targeted PR Campaigns improving the organizations image and reputation with stakeholders.
- Champion communication and media strategy through engagement, message creation and sharing information.
- Develop a barometer to understand and interpret stakeholder viewpoints in order to create favourable perceptions.
- Devise solutions to endemic PR issues and crisis related responses.
- Create a PR framework of reporting and remedial procedures to highlight and resolve concerns.
- Implement world-class, PR best practice using ethics theory, accountability and CSR.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.