By attending this interactive 90-minute online course, you will focus on sustainability risks. Few industries are immune to criticism that they behave irresponsibly. Whether it’s the retail “fast-fashion” sector being criticized for ignoring poor working conditions and low pay rates of its garment workers, or the waste of resources from the products it makes, the motor industry for unethical practices in regard to engine technology, the construction industry for pollution, unsafe working practices and lost-time injuries on their building sites, the petroleum industry for accelerating climate change – the scope for reputational damage is ever-present for the unwary company. So how can companies anticipate and plan for major sustainability risks turning into reality? And in a world that has not forgotten the Covid-19 pandemic, what are the sustainability risks linked to that ongoing threat?
- The risks of irresponsibility
- Principles of managing risk
- hat are the key risks that can prevent companies being considered sustainable?
- How should companies identify, assess and respond to sustainability risks?
This online course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to:
- Community Relations managers and executives
- Health, Safety and Environmental managers and officers
- Risk managers and professionals
- Legal and compliance managers and professionals
- Managers and staff who wish to develop business practices to help their organizations act in a responsible way.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing corporate strategies that consider environmental, social and governance issues.
- Managers and staff responsible for CSR projects.
- Managers and staff who plan and implement corporate policies in relation to community relations, environmental protection, health and safety, procurement and the supply chain.
- Any member of the organization who is tasked with developing sustainability or corporate responsibility initiatives or strategies.
- Executives tasked with delivering business results while at the same time protecting and enhancing their company’s reputation for responsible behaviour.
Upon completion of this online course, you will achieve the following:
- Understand the classic risk management process and its related models
- Apply this process to the sustainability agenda
- Consider case studies where companies that ignored sustainability risks paid a heavy price
- Learn lessons that can be applied to your own organization