Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
- The need to understand business processes
- Business process modelling
- Using IS to improve process quality
- What is information?
- Data characteristics required for quality information
Hardware and Software
- Computer hardware
- Operating systems software
- Applications software
- Open source software as a viable alternative
- The purpose of a database
- What is a database management system (DBMS)?
- Database applications to make databases more useful
- What is a NoSQL DBMS?
- Why is the cloud the future for most organisations?
- Using the cloud
- Using cloud services securely
Organisations and Information Systems
- How do IS vary by scope?
- Solving departmental silos through enterprise systems
- Customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Inter-enterprise IS
This computer information management system course is suitable for:
- Those who wish to assess, evaluate, and apply emerging information systems (IS) technology to business.
- Those who wish to take an active role in systems development to create an IS that meets their needs.
- Those who need to learn how to employ IS to accomplish their job tasks.
- Those who want to use IS to achieve their business strategies.
Upon completion of this computer information systems course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the uses of business processes, information systems, and information in organisations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of hardware and software and their place in management information systems.
- Recognise the key features and technologies deployed in database management and processing.
- Explain what the cloud is and be able to identify the potential opportunities and threats that cloud computing offers to organisations
- Recognise the primary benefits of information systems in organisations including the application of customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI).
LBTC’s Information Technology Management courses. Check out our upcoming dates for computer information systems classes:
£2625 + VAT