The management of the procurement function itself – as opposed to the management by procurement staff of contractors and suppliers – can make the difference between having a purely administrative, internal service provider team that operates in the background, or a strategically important function that can help shape the success of the enterprise. If the head of procurement is a mid-ranking manager he or she may not have the ear of the chief executive. But if the company has a Chief Procurement Officer in the “C Suite”, working alongside his or her peers from Finance, Operations and Technology, then it’s fair to assume procurement is seen as key to delivering the corporate strategy. This training workshop looks at aspects of procurement at its most influential and value-adding.
Procurement and Business Strategy
- The development path for procurement from transactional to value chain management
- Procurement Organization, structure and job functions
Managing Procurement Risk
- What risks should procurement be considering?
- A process to identify, analyse and respond to priority risks
- Important supply chain risks – case study
- How to manage risks that turn into reality
Procurement – Performance Measurement and Governance
- Benefits of measuring the performance of procurement
- Assessing Purchasing Effectiveness and Purchasing Efficiency
- KPIs for measuring performance
- Procurement Information systems
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Procurement Officers, analysts and managers.
- Contract Engineers and analysts.
- Quantity Surveyors
- Commercial advisers
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts.
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and involvement in purchasing activities.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have:
- Learned about the value Procurement can bring to delivering the corporate strategy.
- Considered how to structure the procurement function, to make the biggest difference inside organizations.
- Acquired skills in important procurement activities, such as value chain analysis, purchasing portfolio management and category management.
- Practiced techniques in benchmarking the performance of the procurement team.
£2065 + VAT