Measuring performance is part of how modern businesses function. Procurement is no different in that respect. The benefits of adopting a rigorous performance measurement approach are numerous: other departments and higher management can better recognize the value procurement is adding . Measurement using appropriate KPIs can lead to performance improvement: for example, measuring the generation of savings to show the contribution procurement has made to the company’s bottom line performance. A better procurement department will reduce the risk of shortages, allowing production to be continuous and efficient. Better management of inventory will reduce the cost of capital tied up in stock in the warehouse. This training workshop is all about these topics.
- Benefits of measuring the performance of procurement
- Assessing Purchasing Effectiveness and Purchasing Efficiency
- KPIs for measuring performance
- Procurement Information systems
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Procurement Officers, analysts and managers.
- Contract Engineers and analysts.
- Quantity Surveyors
- Commercial advisers
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts.
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and involvement in purchasing activities.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have:
- an understanding of why procurement departments should measure their performance.
- constructed a set of Key Performance Indicators that measure the most appropriate aspects of performance.
- discussed appropriate procurement systems to support performance measurement.