By attending this course, you will be understand:
- The key financial institutions and their functions.
- How Fixed Income Markets operate.
- How Equity Markets operate.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Financial Markets – The Players
- Types of banks
- Hedge funds
- Other financial institutions
Fixed Income Markets
- Debt Capital Markets
- Money Markets
- The valuation of a bond
- Credit Risk and Ratings
- Primary Market
- Secondary Market
- Market Indices
- Equity Valuation
Financial Markets – How to Value Equity
- The purposes for valuation
- Equity value and enterprise value
- Valuation Methods
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- New staff in financial institutions or transferring to a career in financial markets.
- Individual investors seeking a deeper understanding of financial markets.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Identify the major players in the financial markets and their roles.
- Understand how financial markets set a price for financial assets.
- Understand the benefits of investing in the various markets.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.