This course explains the operation of the biggest type of financial market in the world. It demonstrates why risk is an important component in assessing an investment.
By attending this course, you will acquire the fundamental knowledge required to invest in derivatives.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- Introduction to currency markets
- Types of currency instruments
- Market forces
- Types of risk
- Risk and return
- Risk budgeting
- Risk management
Introduction to Derivatives
- Types of derivatives
- Use of derivatives in practice
- Exchange traded and OTC derivatives
- How derivatives have caused problems
Financial Markets – Investor Behaviour
- Behavioural efficient market
- Investment decision-making
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Staff working in the middle office and operations areas of financial institutions who need to understand the wide range of instruments in financial markets.
- New staff in regulatory organizations who need to broaden their knowledge of financial markets.
- Financial advisors who need a greater understanding of financial markets.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Appreciate the scope and operation of currency markets.
- Understand the nature and management of investment risk.
- Use derivatives in investment management.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.