This course examines and applies the key elements of internal auditing.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Key Principles of Auditing
- Assurance framework
- Types of audit
- Internal control
- The concept of independence
Conduct of an Audit
- Audit strategy and audit plan
- Reviewing and communicating results
- Audit Report
- The framework of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- COSO frameworks
- INTOSAI – International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions
- Other standards
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- External auditors who need a deeper understanding of the internal function.
- Those who engage with the internal audit function and who require a deeper knowledge of it.
- Those new to internal auditing who need to understand how it works and benefits their organization in greater detail.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the principles and elements of the internal audit function.
- Demonstrate how internal auditing works.
- Identify the standards under which internal audits are conducted.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.