This training workshop explains the role, responsibilities and work of internal auditing. It details the processes required to conduct an effective audit.
This training workshop also details the framework of standards for performing and promoting internal auditing.
Key Principles of Auditing
- Assurance framework
- Types of audit
- Internal control
- The concept of independence
Conduct of an Audit
- Audit strategy and audit plan
- Reviewing and communicating results
- Audit Report
- The framework of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- COSO frameworks
- INTOSAI – International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions
- Other standards
This training workshop is suitable for:
- External auditors who need a deeper understanding of the internal function.
- Those who engage with the internal audit function and who require a deeper knowledge of it.
- Those new to internal auditing who need to understand how it works and benefits their organization in greater detail.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain the principles and elements of the internal audit function.
- Demonstrate how internal auditing works.
- Identify the standards under which internal audits are conducted.