CSR course in London, UK
By attending this CSR course, you will consider the principles and practices of corporate responsibility, looking at how it has evolved from philanthropic and religious roots into an enterprise-wide philosophy and a call to action for sustainability. It will consider why adopting a sustainable approach makes business sense for companies today, how it applies to different sectors, and why organizations need to take account of their various stakeholders when developing a sustainability plan.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Evolution of Corporate Social Responsibility
- From CSR to Sustainability
- Beyond philanthropy and charitable giving
- Criticisms of CSR
Business Drivers for Sustainability & Responsibility
- Why is sustainability good for business?
- The Language of Sustainability
- Sectoral issues in sustainability
- Planning for sustainable business practices
Engaging Stakeholders to Build a Sustainable Plan
- The Materiality assessment – what are the key issues?
- How do we impact our stakeholders?
- Stakeholder engagement
- Developing and implementing a sustainability plan
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This CSR course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to:
- Community Relations managers and executives
- Health, Safety and Environmental managers and officers
- Risk managers and professionals
- Legal and compliance managers and professionals
- Managers and staff who wish to develop business practices to help their organizations act in a responsible way.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing corporate strategies that consider environmental, social and governance issues.
- Managers and staff responsible for CSR projects.
- Managers and staff who plan and implement corporate policies in relation to community relations, environmental protection, health and safety, procurement and the supply chain.
- Any member of the organization who is tasked with developing sustainability or corporate responsibility initiatives or strategies.
- Executives tasked with delivering business results while at the same time protecting and enhancing their company’s reputation for responsible behaviour.
Upon completion of this CSR course, you will have:
- Developed an understanding of what sustainability means for organizations.
- Unpicked the different elements relating to “people, planet and profit”.
- Learned techniques to engage with stakeholders.
- Discussed approaches to prioritize action around material issues.
- Created the skeleton of a sustainability plan.
- Developed a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Developed an Action Plan to be implemented at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3415 + VAT