This course provides delegates with an in-depth review of the critical success factors within Supply Chain Strategy from the Value Chain concept, through to establishing effective process and informational flows, and concludes with improving supply chain resilience in the face of global change and threats both current and future.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Understand Supply Chains and Value Chains
- The Concept of the Supply Chain
- The Value Chain Concept
- The role and contribution of the Supply Chain upon organizational competitive strategy
Supply Chain Strategy – Process and Data Flow
- Procurement – The Gateway to the Supply Chain
- Establishing effective Process Flow
- Establishing effective Data flow
Supply Chain Strategy – Resilience and Efficiency
- The link between supply chain efficiency and supply chain resilience.
- The application of MRP and ERP Systems within Supply Chain Management.
- Effective Business Contingency Planning and disaster Recovery within Supply Chain Management.
Building Supply Chain Resilience: A 3-Step Process
- Analysing supply base capacity, capability & reconfigurability
- Achieving current state Stability
- Achieving future state Resilience
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Supply Chain Managers
- Procurement Practitioners
- Risk Managers
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate and apply Value Chain concepts.
- Effectively establish and enhance process and data flows.
- Build and enhance Supply Chain Resilience and ability to meet current and future state changes and threats.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.