The course demonstrates the key elements of IPSAS. It explains the difference that IPSAS has made to financial reporting, and its impact on an organization.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Overview of IPSAS
- The need for IPSAS and its relationship to IFRS
- The International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB)
- The Conceptual Framework
- Overview of standards
IPSAS – Financial Reporting
- The objectives of financial reporting
- What has to be included in financial statements
- Understanding the treatment of income and costs
- Understanding the treatment of assets and liabilities
- The transition from cash to accrual accounting
- The transition to IPSAS
- Budgeting under IPSAS
- Future IPSAS considerations
IPSAS Implementation Review
- The first time adoption process as a project
- Gap Analysis – actual outcome v desired outcome
- Adopting changes in standards
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Financial staff in national, state, provincial and local governments, government agencies, boards and departments involved in the preparation of financial statements and budgets
- Financial staff in national, state, provincial and local governments, government agencies, boards and departments involved in the adoption of IPSAS.
- Finance staff moving from private to public sector employment.
- Analysts and non-financial staff who need to understand IPSAS but are not necessarily practitioners.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- The description and explanation of IPSAS.
- How IPSAS has changed financial management in the public sector.
- The reporting requirements under IPSAS.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
Spaces limited to NINE (9) delegates per course. Book Now to avoid missing out!