The course provides an overview of IPSAS and key detailed applications.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Overview of IPSAS
- The need for IPSAS and its relationship to IFRS
- The International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB)
- The Conceptual Framework
- Overview of standards
IPSAS – Financial Reporting
- The objectives of financial reporting
- What has to be included in financial statements
- Understanding the treatment of income and costs
- Understanding the treatment of assets and liabilities
- The transition from cash to accrual accounting
- The transition to IPSAS
- Budgeting under IPSAS
- Future IPSAS considerations
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Financial staff in national, state, provincial and local governments, government agencies, boards and departments involved in the preparation of financial statements and budgets
- Financial staff in national, state, provincial and local governments, government agencies, boards and departments involved in the adoption of IPSAS.
- Finance staff moving from private to public sector employment.
- Analysts and non-financial staff who need to understand IPSAS but are not necessarily practitioners.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- The description and explanation of IPSAS.
- How IPSAS has changed financial management in the public sector.
- The reporting requirements under IPSAS.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3415 + VAT