The training workshop provides an overview of IPSAS and key detailed applications.
Overview of IPSAS
- The need for IPSAS and its relationship to IFRS
- The International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB)
- The Conceptual Framework
- Overview of standards
IPSAS – Financial Reporting
- The objectives of financial reporting
- What has to be included in financial statements
- Understanding the treatment of income and costs
- Understanding the treatment of assets and liabilities
- The transition from cash to accrual accounting
- The transition to IPSAS
- Budgeting under IPSAS
- Future IPSAS considerations
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Financial staff in national, state, provincial and local governments, government agencies, boards and departments involved in the preparation of financial statements and budgets
- Financial staff in national, state, provincial and local governments, government agencies, boards and departments involved in the adoption of IPSAS.
- Finance staff moving from private to public sector employment.
- Analysts and non-financial staff who need to understand IPSAS but are not necessarily practitioners.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will understand:
- The description and explanation of IPSAS.
- How IPSAS has changed financial management in the public sector.
- The reporting requirements under IPSAS.
£2045 + VAT