This training workshop starts with key topics concerned with public and private sector procurement. It looks at the different roles and tasks members of the procurement team are required to perform. It reminds procurement people of their need to constructively challenge the requests of colleagues – including whether purchasing is the correct activity to carry out. Procurement is often seen as a way for the company to save money, while not compromising on quality.
- The role of the Procurement Function
- Material requirements planning
- Public procurement and private procurement compared
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Procurement Officers, analysts and managers.
- Contract Engineers and analysts.
- Quantity Surveyors
- Commercial advisers
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts.
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and involvement in purchasing activities.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have:
- Familiarised yourself with the main functions performed by a procurement officer.
- Discussed “what does good procurement look like?”
- Recognized the links between procurement and the wider tasks of managing supply chains.
- Compared and contrasted public and private sector procurement.