By attending this training workshop, you will explore the complexities of the relationship between paid civil servant and elected politicians in the context of public service planning and delivery.
- Working alongside politicians as they come and go
- Civil servants Working directly with elected representatives
- Aligning service and political objectives
- Maintaining strong corporate governance and continuity of service delivery
This training workshop is suitable for Directors and Deputy Directors, and all other public sector senior officers who work directly to lead politicians and with other public services to achieve broader community outcomes (public health and well-being and economic development).
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will be able to understand:
- the clear and separate roles of civil servant and elected politician.
- where and when political objectives are considered in public service decision-making.
- how to build effective, on-going, relationships with elected politicians.
£685 + VAT