This training workshop examines the importance, the complexity and the role of politics in the creation of public sector and not for-profit policy creation. It is essential to understand the short, medium and long-term impact of changes in the political landscape and individual politicians. Civil servants provide continuity while at the same time having to adapt to and incorporate these changes. We look at how this functions in reality. There are a multiplicity of conflicting objectives, expectations and priorities which have to be resolved to maintain the continuity of service standards and an understanding of these is essential.
- Anticipating and responding to changing governments and politicians
- Civil servants working directly with elected representatives
- Aligning and resolving conflict between political objectives, conflicting demands and incompatible priorities.
- Maintaining continuity of service standards
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to experienced or new or aspiring:
- Permanent Secretaries, Cabinet Secretaries and all Civil Servants.
- C-Suite Officers and Chairpersons of Non-profit organizations and Charities.
- Senior Public Sector Officers who work directly to lead Politicians.
- Elected and appointed Policymakers, Managers, and Planners in Governments, Public Agencies, and Non-profit organizations.
- City Council Members, Mayors, City Managers, Administrators, and Planners.
- Senior officers who work with Public Services to achieve broader community outcomes, e.g., Public Health and Well-being, Economic Development, and Community Relations.
- Police Chiefs, Fire Chiefs, and their staff.
- School Board Members, Administrators, and staff.
- Board Members and Company Secretaries.
- Non-executive Directors
- Directors, Deputy Directors, and Senior Managers.
- Heads of Departments
- Transformation Leaders
- Change Managers
- CSR and Sustainability Managers and staff.
- Risk Managers and professionals.
- Community Relations Managers and Executives.
- Health, Safety and Environmental Managers and officers.
- Legal and Compliance Managers and professionals.
- Managers and staff who wish to develop responsible strategic practices.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing organizational strategies.
- Those who wish to capitalise on and grasp all strategic opportunities for their organizations.
- Those who wish to promote the strategic success of their organization.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will:
- Be able to analyse the impact of changing governments, policies and politicians on the implementation of public sector policy.
- Understand how civil servants work with elected representatives, underpinning change with continuity.
- Recognised how to merge conflicting demands and priorities with political objectives and yet maintain delivery of the required service.
Duration: 1 week
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 3 days
Duration: 1 day