This training workshop begins by analysing key strategic priorities and setting meaningful objectives within a political and non-profit making context. We apply the step-by-step process required for efficient and effective strategic planning and understand how to incorporate the many, inter-related and sometimes conflicting interests, influences and priorities. Using research, data collection and evidence gathering, we then realistically assess every relevant aspect of the current position of the organization. We consider how to evaluate and incorporate the increasingly importance external influences on a global and national scale, and so create a workable policy and plan.
- Strategic priorities: setting meaningful objectives
- The strategic planning process
- Incorporating the complex influences and interests in creating strategy
- Internal analysis
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to experienced or new or aspiring:
- Permanent Secretaries, Cabinet Secretaries and all Civil Servants.
- C-Suite Officers and Chairpersons of Non-profit organizations and Charities.
- Senior Public Sector Officers who work directly to lead Politicians.
- Elected and appointed Policymakers, Managers, and Planners in Governments, Public Agencies, and Non-profit organizations.
- City Council Members, Mayors, City Managers, Administrators, and Planners.
- Senior officers who work with Public Services to achieve broader community outcomes, e.g., Public Health and Well-being, Economic Development, and Community Relations.
- Police Chiefs, Fire Chiefs, and their staff.
- School Board Members, Administrators, and staff.
- Board Members and Company Secretaries.
- Non-executive Directors
- Directors, Deputy Directors, and Senior Managers.
- Heads of Departments
- Transformation Leaders
- Change Managers
- CSR and Sustainability Managers and staff.
- Risk Managers and professionals.
- Community Relations Managers and Executives.
- Health, Safety and Environmental Managers and officers.
- Legal and Compliance Managers and professionals.
- Managers and staff who wish to develop responsible strategic practices.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing organizational strategies.
- Those who wish to capitalise on and grasp all strategic opportunities for their organizations.
- Those who wish to promote the strategic success of their organization.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will:
- Be able to align key strategic priorities in order to set meaningful objectives which achieve the desired outcomes.
- Develop a deep understanding and ability to use the strategic planning process.
- Have analysed and evaluated all the key internal relevant factors.
- Recognised and assessed the external influencing factors an organization and its proposed policies and strategy.
Duration: 1 week
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 3 days
Duration: 1 day