By attending this course you will get a broad overview of the key elements of quality management. Effective quality management programmes in organizations start with its leadership. This course explains the importance of the leaders role in quality management and will help to develop the skills needed to deliver an effective quality management programme.
You will also be able to identify the extent of the quality management development in your organization and set a target for where you will ultimately want your organization to be.
You will know how to ensure that quality is embedded in your products a and services from the initial design stages of your product and service development.
The success or failure of your quality management programme will largely depend on the people in your organization. This course will give you the necessary HR skills and knowledge to ensure your Quality Management programme is successful.
By attending this course, you will also understand the importance of the supply chain to the success of your Quality Management programme. It helps you improve engagement with your supply chain.
You will develop your technical Quality Management skills by introducing you to the core tools and techniques.
An effective way of assessing your quality management efforts is to be audited. This course outlines the audit process and introduces the main quality awards which many organizations use as a means of self-auditing.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- Management and quality
- The price of quality
- People, processes and systems
- The Total Quality Management philosophy
Quality Management Leadership
- Leadership The of foundation of TQM
- Quality Leadership roles and responsibilities
- Quality Management vs quality Leadership
- Operational Leadership vs strategic Leadership
The Six-level Model of TQM Adoption
- Level 1 – Uncommitted
- Level 2 – Drifters
- Level 3 – Tool-pushers
- Level 4 – Improvers
- Level 5 – Award-winners
- Level 6 – World-class
Corporate Environmental Quality Management
- Environmental protection
- Environmental management systems
- Continuous improvement of environmental quality
- Environmental management assessment
Design for Quality
- Design, innovation and improvement
- Design control and management
- Standards and specifications
- Service sector quality design
Quality Management – the HR Factor
- People and organizational structure
- Teamwork for quality
- Communications for quality
- Training for quality
Quality Management in the Supply Chain
- Purchasing practice in quality management
- Customer-supplier relationships
- From contract to partnership
- Innovation in the supply chain
- The chain of interdependence
Quality Function Deployment – House of Quality
- Getting to grips with customer needs
- The QFD the main steps
- Incorporating customer needs into product and process definition
- Implementation of QFD
Quality Management Tools, Systems and Techniques
- Basic tools and techniques
- Failure mode, effect and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- Improving maintenance performance
Quality Audits, Awards and Implementation
- Quality audits
- Malcolm Baldrige, Deming Prize and European Quality Awards
- Implementation of quality management
- The management of change
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Operations directors
- Heads maintenance and operations management
- Senior executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to develop a thorough knower of quality management.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Develop a comprehensive appreciation of the role of quality in successful organizations.
- Understand the importance of leadership in achieving world-class quality standards.
- Evaluate the different levels of quality in your organization.
- Appreciate the skills need to manage environmental.
- Appreciate the need to incorporate quality from the design stages.
- Understand how people in your organization can make or break your quality goals.
- Develop the skills needed to partner with your supply chain in achieving quality.
- Appreciate the quality tools and techniques at your disposal.
- Understand how you can reach your quality goals via the use of audits and quality awards.
- Examine the intricacies of applying quality stands in service delivery.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.