This course will give you comprehensive knowledge of the skills and tools needed to make quality a central tenet of your organization.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Quality Management Tools, Systems and Techniques
- Basic tools and techniques
- Failure mode, effect and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- Improving maintenance performance
Quality Audits, Awards and Implementation
- Quality audits
- Malcolm Baldrige, Deming Prize and European Quality Awards
- Implementation of quality management
- The management of change
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Operations directors
- Heads maintenance and operations management
- Senior executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to develop a thorough knower of quality management.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Appreciate the quality tools and techniques at your disposal.
- Understand how you can reach your quality goals via the use of audits and quality awards.
- Examine the intricacies of applying quality stands in service delivery.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£2825 + VAT