Leadership course in London, UK
Leadership course agenda:
- Defining authentic leadership
- Academic approach
- Practitioner approach
- Attributes of followers
- Leader-member exchange theory (LMX)
- Implications of LMX
- Attributes of followers and leaders
Psychodynamic Approaches to Leadership
- Freud, Jung, and personality
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Criticism of psychodynamic approach
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- The architecture of the brain
- The nature of intelligence
- What is EI?
- Goleman’s approach
- Other perspectives
- The ‘dark side’ of EI
- Criticisms of EI
- What are ethics?
- Basic ethical frameworks
- Deontological frameworks
- Leadership and moral development
- What is an ‘ethical leader’?
- Why do leaders not act ethically?
- Why do workers not blow the whistle more often?
Power, Influence, and Authority
- What is ‘power’?
- Dimensions of power
- Sources of power
- The dark side of power
Leadership and Teams
- Team models theories
- Normative team models
- Descriptive team models
- Individual role models – Belbin’s approach
- Margerison-McCann team management wheel
- Time or phase-based models
- Team mental model
- Distributed leadership
Leadership and Change
- History of change
- Different approaches to change
- Models of the change process
- Individual reaction to change
- Politics of change
- What is leadership development?
- Why bother?
- Organisational factors
- Leadership and competencies
- How are leaders developed?
- What is ‘strategic leadership’?
- Do we need strategic leaders?
- The modern environment
- What does a strategic leader ‘do’?
Leadership course – Target audience:
This Leadership course is suitable for:
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
- Team members who wish to know of the principles and practice of strategic leadership to support and complement the contribution of their leaders.
Leadership course – Learning outcomes:
Upon completion of this Leadership course, you will be able to understand:
- Authentic leadership should underpin any form of effective leadership.
- The delicate nature of the relationship between the leader and followers.
- Two different approaches to psychodynamics – Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and neuro-linguistic programming.
- The development of emotional intelligence (EI).
- Different ethical frameworks and how these can help leaders resolve problems without a precedent or simple solution.
- Ideas associated with the use of power by those in a position of authority.
- How ‘teams’ work and the idea of ‘Distributed Leadership’.
- The role leaders play in change processes.
- The development of leaders within organisations as a key theme in terms of ensuring the organisation thrives.
- The need for strategic leaders.
In addition to LBTC’s Leadership course, we also offer training in Change Management. To explore this course, click the link below:
£5175 + VAT