By attending this course, you will:
- Maintain a strategic overview of the organization’s core operations.
- Consider the approach to the medium/long term planning to ensure the organization meets all of the expectations of its stakeholders.
- Have an overview of programme and change management for those senior managers who will be looking to employ and manage specific skilled staff and/or consultants to help achieve their organizational change objectives.
The fundamental nature of organizations hasn’t changed, the pace of change is moving ever faster. In HR, as in many parts of the organization, we are being asked to achieve more with either the same resources or fewer. This is the time for you to be even more strategic in your outlook and actions. Getting the daily tasks done no longer guarantees employment for any of us. We have to think and act in a more thoughtful and strategic way to add value to our organization and work. This course will take you through the necessary steps to achieve this.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- Business Modelling
- Resilient supply chains
- Ensuring quality
- Lean systems
- The Strategic Planning Cycle
- Review and refresh
- Incremental adjustments vs major restructure
Leading Strategic Change
- The Drivers of Change
- Building and Gaining support
- Project management
- Change management
- The emergency response
- Taking control
- Working in partnership
- Restoring normality
- The strategic nature of HR
- HR Models – Strengths and Weaknesses
- The strategic business partner model
Organizational Development Strategy
- Organizational Development Activities
- Formulating and implementing OD strategy
- Culture Change
Knowledge Management Strategy
- The Two Types of Knowledge
- Knowledge Management toolkit
- Knowledge Management as part of Organizational Culture
- The Leader Within
- Personal Motivation to Change
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Board-level Directors & Deputy Directors, and all other Senior Managers who are responsible for achieving the organization’s strategic objectives & can commit the resources to achieve them.
- HR directors
- Heads of HR functions
- HR business partners
- Senior HR executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to contribute to the development and implementation of HR strategy.
- Chief officers, Chairpersons, Board members, Heads of Departments, and all those at the highest levels of an organization interested in developing an in-depth knowledge of strategic HRM.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The role of strategic leader – specifically how it relates to the finance, human resources, data/information and operational capacity of the organization to deliver its strategic objectives.
- The strategic nature of HR.
- The process of formulating and implementing organizational development strategy.
- The meaning and significance of human capital management (HCM).
- The approaches to the development of knowledge management strategies.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.