HR Practice Essentials is a highly interactive course that explores the organization context that HR operates within to gain insights into how we can more effective as HR professionals. The journey starts with the characteristics of different organizations to better understand the goals of HR, through to the detail of Job Descriptions, composition and deployment.
HR Practice Excellence is an immersive journey exploring the employee development and learning experience. As a professional manager, team leader or in HR, you will uncover the real learning needs of your team and the impact of the way we can approach learning organizationally as well as a team. You will take away a comprehensive action plan you can use the very next day at work.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Organizational Context and HR Goals
- Characteristics of Organizations
- The Goals of HR Practice
- Organizing the HR Function
- The Role of Employee Forums
- Negotiating with Employees
- Different Job Types
- Different Roles and Job Types unpacked
- The Organization Chart and Evaluation Tools
Motivation and its Impact on Performance
- What motivation looks like
- The Theories of Motivation
- Your Motivational Style
- The 3 Drivers of Motivation
- The Psychological Contract of Employment
- Employee Voice and Engagement
Learning & Development
- The Learning Cycle
- Levels of Learning and Needs analysis
- Implementing Learning & Development Activities
HR Information Systems
- The range of technological options
- Digital Leadership
- Digital Transformation
Motivation and its Impact on Teams
- Leadership and Motivation
- Team Roles
- Team-building tools and techniques
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- HR officers and managers who are newly appointed to the role and who lack previous generalist experience.
- HR assistants, administrators and PAs who support more senior HR staff.
- Employees working for new but rapidly expanding organizations who acquire responsibility for establishing and formalizing HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Staff who work in HR-related areas.
- Staff who work in specialist areas of HR practice, such as training, employee relations or job evaluation, who wish to progress into or have more knowledge of generalist roles.
- Line managers or supervisors who have responsibility for HR activities.
- Owners or managers of small businesses who have overall responsibility for the ‘people element’ within them.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The Organizational Characteristics and The Goals of HR.
- The different areas of Job analysis to be even more effective.
- The Psychological Contract of Employment.
- How people learn and what this means for us as leaders.
- How to implement Learning & Development activities in a motivational way.
- The impact of digital technology coming down the track.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.