This training workshop addresses three important areas of responsibility for the contract manager. The first day focuses on contractual relationships – what contracts are, what risks do they address, what types of contract exist and how can you bring all that together to manage the contractor relationship. The second day looks at the “financials” of contracts, including understanding prices and costs, how contract commitments are supported by forms of security and the important topic of payment. The third day is about management of contracts in a dynamic world, where wants and needs change, where contracts need to be varied, and where good administration techniques keep contracts in good shape.
Managing the Contractual Relationship
- Contract Law basics
- Contract Types
- Contract risks
Managing the Contract Financials
- Cost & Price analysis
- Bonds, Guarantees and warranties
- Managing payments
- Managing claims
Managing the Contract in a Dynamic World
- Managing contractual liabilities and indemnities
- Managing contract variations
- Contract documentation
- Contract administration
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Contract Engineers
- Contract Analysts
- Commercial advisers
- Inhouse legal advisers
- Company Secretaries
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts.
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and develop the ability to apply the terms and conditions of a contract
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have an excellent grasp of the essentials of making contracts and working with contractors, including:
- How to create and manage the relationship with a contractor, with a legally enforceable agreement.
- Understanding prices and the costs that underpin prices, and the different pricing models that contractors use.
- Contract security, including bonds and guarantees.
- Managing contracts dynamically, including changing agreements and creating appropriate contract documentation.
£2045 + VAT
Spaces limited to NINE (9) delegates per course. Book Now to avoid missing out!