Project Management Essentials is an introduction to running and managing projects effectively. We all get involved in projects of various types and sizes. This course gives you the necessary tools and techniques to deliver projects on time, on budget to the required specification every time.
By attending this course, your Project Management skills will be taken to a higher level. This is a comprehensive exploration of the Leadership skills required for project success. We will take you on a journey of discovering your strengths and areas for development and also those of your team. This is a “must-do” course for anyone who wants to run successful projects.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
The Project Cycle
- Defining Your Project.
- Project Planning Toolkit.
- The Skills of an Effective Project Manager.
Project Scheduling – Cost Estimation and Budgeting
- Project Scoping and The Work Breakdown Structure.
- Forecasting Time.
- Project Finance and Budgeting.
Project Risk Management
- Assessing Risk on your Project.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Managing Changes in your Project and Project Closure.
Six Sigma Essentials
- Is Six Sigma right for your company?
- Implementing Six Sigma Effectively
- Prioritizing your Six Sigma Activities
- Common Complaints
Project Leadership – Key Skills
- Leadership Skills for Project Success.
- Building a high performing Project Team.
- Motivation and Empowerment.
Project Leadership – Engagement and Development
- Leading with Open Accountability.
- Engaging Key Stakeholders Effectively.
- Coaching Your Project Team.
Keeping Projects on Track
- Delivering Projects under Pressure.
- Dealing With Difficult Stakeholders.
- High-level Communication.
Lean Project Management Essentials
- Lean principles
- Lean Models
- The 5S transitions
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives.
- Action Planning.
This course is suitable for:
- Chief Operations Officers.
- Operations Directors and Managers.
- Heads of Departments.
- Operations Executives, Officers and staff.
- Those who wish to learn how to develop the capabilities of their operation’s processes to improve process performance.
- Team Leaders.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Know and use the tools to define and plan your project accurately and powerfully.
- Understand and evaluate the Risks & Stakeholders on a project.
- Know your leadership strengths and areas for development.
- Explore and analyse how to motivate and empower your team to success.
- Know how to lead with authority and an openly accountable way.
- Explore the key skills of coaching to engage & develop your team.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.