This training workshop deals with the various commercial “must know” issues that go beyond the fundamentals of managing projects and gives the participant additional tools for success. It will cover more advanced topics needed to effectively manage projects of all sizes and timeframes. The workshop is interactive and uses a mix for learning and teaching techniques including case studies and videos to appeal to all learning styles.
Project Estimation and Budgeting
- Estimates vs given facts
- Estimation methods
- Budgeting methods
Projects – Managing the Commercials
- Financial project appraisal
- Project funding
- Contract payment structures
Project Risk Management
- Project risk strategy
- Risk analysis
- Risk controls
- Risk management plan
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Chief Operations Officers
- Project and Operations Directors, Managers, practitioners and team members.
- Those who wish to take a holistic, integrated approach to managing projects, addressing both technical and management challenges.
- Those who wish to place an equal emphasis on both individual project execution and the strategic perspective, to be equipped with the means with which to manage projects at both the programme and portfolio levels.
- Those who wish to broaden their focus beyond the traditional project management activities of planning and scheduling, project control, and termination, to a more general, inclusive, and hence, more valuable perspective of the project management process.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will:
- Appreciate the commercial and financial elements of projects.
- Understand the importance of effective risk management to project manage.