This training workshop demonstrates the key elements of IFRS. It defines the scope of financial reporting and its relevance to stakeholders.
By attending this training workshop, you will understand how implementing IFRS has an impact on all aspects of an organization.
Overview of IFRS
- The need for IFRS
- The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- The Conceptual Framework
- Overview of standards
- The objectives of financial reporting
- What has to be included in financial statements
- Understanding the treatment of income and costs
- Understanding the treatment of assets and liabilities
- The transition to IFRS
- Financial analysis tools and techniques
- Relevance of corporate governance
- Future IFRS considerations
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Financial staff who need an introduction to IFRS.
- Financial staff who wish to develop a greater understanding of the concepts and applications of IFRS.
- Analysts and non-financial staff who need to understand IFRS but are not necessarily practitioners.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will understand:
- The key concepts of IFRS and their application.
- How the information included in financial reports informs decision-making.
- How to work through the initial and ongoing implementation of IFRS.