This IFRS course provides an overview of the key principles of IFRS and key detailed applications.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Overview of IFRS
- The need for IFRS
- The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- The Conceptual Framework
- Overview of standards
- The objectives of financial reporting
- What has to be included in financial statements
- Understanding the treatment of income and costs
- Understanding the treatment of assets and liabilities
- The transition to IFRS
- Financial analysis tools and techniques
- Relevance of corporate governance
- Future IFRS considerations
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This IFRS course is suitable for:
- Financial staff who need an introduction to IFRS.
- Financial staff who wish to develop a greater understanding of the concepts and applications of IFRS.
- Analysts and non-financial staff who need to understand IFRS but are not necessarily practitioners.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- The key concepts of IFRS and their application.
- How the information included in financial reports informs decision-making.
- How to work through the initial and ongoing implementation of IFRS.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3415 + VAT