This course covers the key principles and functions of central banks.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Activities and Responsibilities of Central Banks
- Overview of key functions
- Policy instruments
- Regulatory role
- The challenge of Fintech
Central Banking Risk Management
- The range of risks
- AML-CFT risk management framework
- The impact of Big Data
- Economic forecasting
Central Banking Organization and Governance
- Mission and values
- organization and decision-making
- The pillars of central bank governance
- Developing a communication strategy
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Central bank staff
- Those who want to understand the key functions of central banks and how they operate.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the core activities of central banks.
- Discover the ways in which central banks manage risk.
- Examine the issues affecting the governance of central banks.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3455 + VAT