Corporate Governance codes tend to focus on large companies, listed on stock exchanges, where shareholders are not involved in the company’s management. But companies come in many shapes and sizes, from the titans of the corporate world, like Walmart, Toyota, Microsoft and Shell, to the minnows where a sole trader operates as a one-man company. In between these extremes are many types of company, including those created and owned by governments to be the economic operators for particular trading activities. State owned power companies and other utilities, national oil companies, and public private partnerships are often not listed on a stock exchange and in some cases may have regulatory as well as commercial functions. Some public companies may be dominated by a single family, who occupy many board positions. This training workshop addresses the heterogenous nature of companies and looks at models of governance that can apply.
- Listed and Unlisted companies – governance compared
- Independence – the watchword for Boards and Directors
- Corporate Governance challenges in State Owned Companies
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Non-Executive Directors wanting to understand their role;
- Other Board members wishing to refresh their knowledge and skills;
- Chairs of organizations, Chief Executives, Company Secretaries, Other Heads of organizations;
- Professionals, practitioners, and managers in corporate investment, as well as Leaders in state owned enterprises, public, voluntary, and non-profit organizations;
- Those needing to get to grips with good governance such as Inhouse counsel and Regulatory and Compliance professionals.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will:
- Understand the relevance of corporate governance within different types of companies.
- Examine relevant codes of corporate governance for different company types.
- Consider the challenges of applying corporate governance where the state is the company owner.
- Look at OECD guidance on corporate governance in state owned enterprises.
£690 + VAT