This course provides delegates with the key essential elements of effective Operations management, including: understanding the role and contribution of the Operations Management function, effective resource management, systems control development, risk management within Operations and concludes with adjusting resources within changing operational environments.
This course also provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the key elements of Effective Operations Management, including: Governance, Effective Performance Reporting both from a financial and quality perspective and concludes with developing and reporting Sustainability to enhance and protect the organizational reputation.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Role and Function of Operations Management
- Effective Resource Planning
- Aligning People, Systems & Process
Assessing Operational Performance
- Ensuring Quality delivery within Operations Management
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating Operational risks
- Establishing effective Operational Controls
Managing Change within Operations
- Building process capacity
- Building Operational Efficiency
- Adjusting resources to adapt to change
Operations Management Information Systems
- Overview of Management Information Systems
- Creating appropriate levels of Management Information (MI)
- Disseminating MI to support operational decision-making & continuous improvement
Operations Management impact on Organizational Governance
- Ensuring compliance
- Continuous improvement techniques
Operations Management Reporting
- Effective Reporting of Operational Performance
- Understanding & Reporting Financial Performance
- Understanding & Reporting Quality Delivery
Sustainable Operations Management
- Environmental aspects of Operations Management
- Operations Management Diagnostic Toolkit
- Triple Bottom Line concept and applications
Understanding and Reporting Operations Efficiency Improvements
- Cycle time improvements
- Lean Process management
- Effective Root Cause analysis
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Heads of Functions
- Operations Managers
- Operations Supervisors
- Compliance Managers
- Internal Auditors
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the key elements of effective Operations Management.
- Apply a range of resource management techniques, and adjust resources in line with changing operating environments.
- Apply effective risk management to Operational situations.
- Appreciate and build effective governance compliance within Operations Management.
- Effectively report on performance of the function.
- Create and enhance sustainability within the operations management function.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.