This course provides delegates with the key essential elements of effective Operations management, including: understanding the role and contribution of the Operations Management function, effective resource management, systems control development, risk management within Operations and concludes with adjusting resources within changing operational environments.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Role and Function of Operations Management
- Effective Resource Planning
- Aligning People, Systems & Process
Assessing Operational Performance
- Ensuring Quality delivery within Operations Management
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating Operational risks
- Establishing effective Operational Controls
Managing Change within Operations
- Building process capacity
- Building Operational Efficiency
- Adjusting resources to adapt to change
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Heads of function
- Operations Managers
- Operations Supervisors
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the key elements of effective Operations Management.
- Apply a range of resource management techniques, and adjust resources in line with changing operating environments.
- Apply effective risk management to Operational situations.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3415 + VAT