This course details the key role and contribution of the Operations Management function to the organization and introduces the crucial elements of effective resource management and alignment of people, systems and process to deliver the Organization’s operational strategy. It examines the critical role of quality outputs from the Operations Management function and how this impacts upon both internal and external customer outcomes.
The course expands to explore effective risk management techniques and concludes with establishing effective Operational Control Systems to ensure the function delivers in line with its stated objectives. It will introduce delegates to the key concepts of: System Capacity, Building Operational efficiencies to both increase capacity using existing resources and optimize cost of operations, and concludes with very techniques to “flex” Operational resources in times of change.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Organizational Role and Contribution of Operations Management
- Effective Resource Planning
- Aligning People, Systems & Process
Assessing Operational Performance
- Ensuring Quality delivery within Operations Management
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating Operational risks
- Establishing effective Operational Controls
Managing Change within Operations
- Building process capacity
- Building Operational Efficiency
- Adjusting resources to adapt to change
Operations Management Information Systems
- Overview of Management Information Systems
- Creating appropriate levels of Management Information (MI)
- Disseminating MI to support operational decision-making & continuous improvement
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Heads of function
- Operations Managers
- Operations Supervisors
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the key elements of effective Operations Management.
- Apply a range of resource management techniques, and adjust resources in line with changing operating environments.
- Apply effective risk management to Operational situations.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
Spaces limited to NINE (9) delegates per course. Book Now to avoid missing out!
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 90 min
Duration: 3 days
Duration: 2 weeks