This course provides delegates with an in-depth:
- Exploration of the key elements within successful supply chain management including: forward demand planning techniques and approaches, effectively enhancing efficiency, managing bottleneck situations and concludes with the development and enhancement of effective risk management within the supply chain environment.
- Understanding of global logistics management, from the impacts upon supply chain efficiency, through to the use of hub strategies, and fleet management whether in house or via a 3PL or 4PL outsource arrangement.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Supply Chain Management – Enhancing Responsiveness
- Demand Forecasting techniques
- The impacts of volume, variation and demand
- Use of SCADA Systems to enhance efficiencies
Supply Chain Management – Improving Flow
- Key Supply Chain Diagnostic Tools
- Effective identification and management of “Bottlenecks”
- Establishing cycle time and continuous improvement
Supply Chain Management Techniques
- Lean, Agile, Lagile Supply Chain Structures
- Supply Chain Risk
Just-in-time (JIT) Inventory Management
- Ensuring data and informational flows
- Ensuring Supplier Process capability
- The future of JIT
Role and Contribution of Logistics within the organization
- Effective Management of Inbound Logistics
- Effective Management of Outbound Logistics
Managing Logistics Assets
- Key data flows within Logistics Management
- Use of Hub Strategies
- Reducing Logistics Cost Base techniques
Global Logistics Management
- Managing Multi-Modal Logistics
- Effective use of Incoterms 2020
- Use of Reverse Logistics and Backhaul
Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Environmental aspects of Supply Chain
- Corporate Social Responsibility within the Supply Chain
- Diagnostic toolkit and reporting
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Supply Chain Managers
- Quality Managers
- Business Improvement teams
- Logistics & Distribution Managers
- Freight Expediters
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand and apply effective forward demand planning techniques.
- Develop improved supply chain efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Effectively manage supply chain risk.
- Effectively manage global multi-modal logistics.
- Appreciate and utilize hub strategies to improve customer lead time and satisfaction whilst reducing the cost to serve.
- Utilize effective fleet management techniques.- Develop and enhance effective inventory control and stock management/analysis techniques.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.