This course provides delegates with an in depth understanding of global logistics management, from the impacts upon supply chain efficiency, through to the use of hub strategies, and fleet management whether in house or via a 3PL or 4PL outsource arrangement.
This course also provides delegates with a full end to end Warehouse Management system, from understanding the role and contribution of the warehouse function, through to optimizing the cost of warehousing, and concluding with effective inventory management techniques and models to ensure that safety stock, mission critical items and slow/obsolete inventory items are affectively managed to provide availability at optimal cost.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Role and Contribution of Logistics within the organization
- Effective Management of Inbound Logistics
- Effective Management of Outbound Logistics
Managing Logistics Assets
- Key data flows within Logistics Management
- Use of Hub Strategies
- Reducing Logistics Cost Base techniques
Global Logistics Management
- Managing Multi-Modal Logistics
- Effective use of Incoterms 2020
- Use of Reverse Logistics and Backhaul
Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Environmental aspects of Supply Chain
- Corporate Social Responsibility within the Supply Chain
- Diagnostic toolkit and reporting
Role and Contribution of the Warehouse Function to the Organization
- Establishing SKU Systems
- Effectively managing quality assurance/goods receipt, pick/pack and despatch processes
Warehouse Management Techniques
- Reducing Cost of Warehouse function
- Effective management of Slow Moving & Obsolete Stock
- Effective Stock Taking Strategies
Inventory Management Techniques
- ABC/XYZ, EOQ, Mean & Standard Deviation
- Managing Mission Critical Inventory
- Managing Safety Stock
Creating and Utilizing Forward Demand Plans
- Creating effective forward demand plans
- Engaging with internal customers
- Overcoming challenges within demand planning
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Supply Chain Managers
- Logistics & Distribution Managers
- Freight Expediters
- Inventory Managers
- Stock Controllers
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the role and key contributions of the warehouse function to the organization and its competitive strategy and revenue flows.
- Optimize the cost of warehousing.
- Develop and enhance effective inventory control and stock management/analysis techniques.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.