By attending this course, you will explore the specific role that is required of strategic managers in an organization with a more detailed examination of some key elements.
The course also includes a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Public Sector Strategic Management
- What is Strategic Management?
- Understanding the Strategic Position of the Organization
- The Strategic Toolkit
- Stakeholder Management
Politics and the Public Sector
- Working alongside politicians as they come and go
- Civil servants Working directly with elected representatives
- Aligning service and political objectives
- Maintaining strong corporate governance and continuity of service delivery
Aligning the Public Sector to Support the Economy
- Skills and job creation
- Facilitating a dynamic and productive environment for business development
- Assisting new businesses to establish and grow
- Public services providing a ‘showcase’ for modern Working practices
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for Directors and Deputy Directors, and all other public sector senior officers who work directly to lead politicians and with other public services to achieve broader community outcomes (public health and well-being and economic development).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Focus on ensuring that the authority and its services are fit for purpose in the current, medium and long term.
- Keep a strategic overview of service delivery.
- Understand when and how to ‘intervene’ in the authority’s operations.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3435 + VAT