By attending this course, you will be able to successfully lead public services to achieve service excellence and community objectives.
The course also includes a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Public Sector Finance Strategy
- Funding Strategic Priorities
- Revenue Resilience
- Managing Reserves
- Crises and Contingency Planning
Public Sector Strategic Planning
- The Strategic Planning Cycle
- The Political Cycle and its Impact on Strategy
- Review and Refresh
- Incremental adjustments vs major restructure
Public Sector – Leading Strategic Change
- The Drivers of Change
- Building and Gaining Support
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for Directors and Deputy Directors, and all other public sector senior officers who are responsible for achieving the authority’s strategic objectives and can commit the resources to achieve them.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- ‘step-up’ to lead the whole service.
- Define service outcomes.
- Understand the responsibilities of the service ‘end-to-end’ manager.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3455 + VAT