By attending this course, you will be able to successfully manage public services to achieve service excellence and community objectives. You will:
- Understand Budget management for operational managers.
- Be able to make a step-change in service performance.
- Appreciate the role that stakeholders play in defining public service value for money.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Managing Public Finances
- Budget Management for Operational Managers
- The Public Money Accountability imperative
- Working with Financial experts as delivery partners
- Getting the most from allocated Budgets and ensuring Financial Resilience
Public Sector – Managing Change
- The need for change rather than incremental improvements
- Making the case for investment in change
- Ensuring service continuity and performance during a change programme
Public Sector Stakeholder Engagement
- Identifying and managing key stakeholders
- How stakeholders define service delivery ‘value for money’
- The ‘tools’ of stakeholder management
- The role of service manager in stakeholder management
Public Sector – Crisis Management
- The emergency response
- Taking control
- Working in partnership
- Restoring normality
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for Public sector managers who are, or who aim to be, leading public services end-to-end i.e. the whole service rather than specific elements.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Fulfil the role of an excellent service manager.
- Understand the role of service manager within the wider organization.
- Become a trusted ‘custodian’ of essential public services.
- Lead services that really make a difference to the community.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.