This training workshop will provide the knowledge and tools to understand the financial management of resources in the public sector.
Managing Public Money
- Key requirements and concepts
- Fiscal and spending framework
- The virtuous financial management cycle
- Annual report
Public Sector Finance – Budgetary Control
- Objectives of budgeting
- Types of budgets
- Cost definitions and behaviour
- Budgetary control
Financial Management of Public Projects
- Building a case for a project
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Financing a project
- Phases of managing a project
This training workshop is suitable for:
- New entrants to the public sector.
- Staff with some practical experience but with no financial qualifications.
- Non-financial staff in the public sector who need to understand the basics of financial management.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will:
- Understand the basics of public financial management.
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of budget methodologies.
£2045 + VAT