By attending this training workshop, you will be able to successfully lead public services to achieve service excellence and community objectives. You will:
- Consider the approach to the medium/long term funding of the authority to ensure financial resilience year-on-year.
- Consider the approach to the medium/long term planning to ensure the authority meets all of the expectations of its stakeholders.
- Gain an overview of programme and change management for those senior officers who will be looking to employ and manage specific skilled staff and/or consultants to help achieve their organizational change objectives.
Public Sector Finance Strategy
- Funding Strategic Priorities
- Revenue Resilience
- Managing Reserves
- Crises and Contingency Planning
Public Sector Strategic Planning
- The Strategic Planning Cycle
- The Political Cycle and its Impact on Strategy
- Review and Refresh
- Incremental adjustments vs major restructure
Public Sector – Leading Strategic Change
- The Drivers of Change
- Building and Gaining Support
- Project Management
- Change Management
This training workshop is suitable for Directors and Deputy Directors, and all other public sector senior officers who are responsible for achieving the authority’s strategic objectives and can commit the resources to achieve them.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will be able to:
- ‘Step-up’ to lead the whole service.
- Define service outcomes.
- Understand the responsibilities of the service ‘end-to-end’ manager.