Society is a continuum between collectivist and individualist cultures. Whether public services are government led or through sovereign decree, leadership in the public sector requires passion, duty and determination which this course will behold. Whereas profitability is not a consideration as in the private sector, productivity and performance certainly are. Both domains share learnings in their leadership predicaments yet differ in scope of development that this course entrusts you with.
The course also includes a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Public Sector – Situational Leadership and Procedural Reform
- Public Sector Landscape and Privatization
- Encouraging Necessary Strategic Reform
- Leadership Challenges in Public Sector
- Advocating Improvement of Policy Changes
Public Sector – Characteristics of a Quintessential Leader
- What Makes a Leader
- Self Analysis and Improvement
- Accountability, Transparency and Responsibility
- Upholding Public Sector Leadership Values
Public Sector Leadership – Ethical Framework
- Leadership Integrity
- The Ethical Leader
- Reducing Apathy and Improving Productivity
- Best Practice Liaising with Legislators, Constituents and Groups
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Senior Managers and Executives
- Heads of Departments, Civil Servants
- Directors and Leaders
- Politically Appointed Staff, Special Advisors
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Encourage reform and transformation within the organization.
- Modernise the procedures to bring innovation and structured change to workflows.
- Build a robust framework for leadership to encourage policy measures and succession planning.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3425 + VAT
Spaces limited to NINE (9) delegates per course. Book Now to avoid missing out!