By attending this course, you will develop your technical Quality Management skills by introducing you to the core tools and techniques. An effective way of assessing your quality management efforts is to be audited. This course outlines the audit process and introduces the main quality awards which many organizations use as a means of self-auditing.
This course will also deliver a comprehensive introduction to the essential knowledge and skills of project management. It aims to take participants through the basics of project management to a point where they will feel confident in attempting to plan, start and execute a project with confidence. The course is interactive and uses a mix of learning and teaching techniques including case studies and videos to appeal to all learning styles.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to applying the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Quality Management Tools, Systems and Techniques
- Basic tools and techniques
- Failure mode, effect and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- Improving maintenance performance
Quality Audits, Awards and Implementation
- Quality audits
- Malcolm Baldrige, Deming Prize and European Quality Awards
- Implementation of quality management
- The management of change
Quality Management in the Service Sector
- Quality in product organizations vs service organizations
- Dimensions of quality in services
- How to achieve service quality
- Customer service excellence and customer satisfaction
Project Management Fundamentals
- Defining Your Project
- Key roles & responsibilities
- Analysing feasibility
- Establishing Critical Success Factors
- Defining the project vision & objectives
- Project planning tools – Gantt Charts, PERT, critical path
- Committing resources
- Validating the plan
- Building a project team
- Project leadership
Monitoring Project Performance
- Tracking progress
- Review meetings
- Overcoming problems
- Dealing with change
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Chief Operations Officers
- Operations and Project Directors, Managers, practitioners and team members.
- Heads of Maintenance and Operations Management
- Senior executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to develop a thorough knowledge of quality management.
- Those who wish to take a holistic, integrated approach to managing projects, addressing both technical and management challenges.
- Those who wish to place an equal emphasis on both individual project execution and the strategic perspective, to be equipped with the means with which to manage projects at both the programme and portfolio levels.
- Those who wish to broaden their focus beyond the traditional project management activities of planning and scheduling, project control, and termination, to a more general, inclusive, and hence, more valuable perspective of the project management process.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Appreciate the quality tools and techniques at your disposal.
- Understand how you can reach your quality goals via the use of audits and quality awards.
- Examine the intricacies of applying quality stands in service delivery.
- Understand the primary skill need to manage projects.
- Understand the structure and resource management in projects.
- Appreciate the key role projects play in organizations.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.