By attending this course, you will develop your technical Quality Management skills by introducing you to the core tools and techniques.
An effective way of assessing your quality management efforts is to be audited. This course outlines the audit process and introduces the main quality awards which many organizations use as a means of self-auditing.
Project Management Essentials is an introduction to running and managing projects effectively. We all get involved in projects of various types and sizes. This course gives you the necessary tools and techniques to deliver projects on time, on budget to the required specification every time.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Quality Management Tools, Systems and Techniques
- Basic tools and techniques
- Failure mode, effect and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- Improving maintenance performance
Quality Audits, Awards and Implementation
- Quality audits
- Malcolm Baldrige, Deming Prize and European Quality Awards
- Implementation of quality management
- The management of change
Quality Management in the Service Sector
- Quality in product organizations vs service organizations
- Dimensions of quality in services
- How to achieve service quality
- Customer service excellence and customer satisfaction
The Project Cycle
- Defining Your Project
- Project Planning Toolkit
- The Skills of an Effective Project Manager
Project Scheduling – Cost Estimation and Budgeting
- Project Scoping and The Work Breakdown Structure
- Forecasting Time
- Project Finance and Budgeting
Project Risk Management
- Assessing Risk on your Project
- Stakeholder Management
- Managing Changes in your Project and Project Closure
Six Sigma Essentials
- Is Six Sigma right for your company?
- Implementing Six Sigma Effectively
- Prioritizing your Six Sigma Activities
- Common Complaints
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Chief Operations Officers
- Operations Directors and Managers
- Heads of Departments
- Operations Executives, Officers and staff
- Senior executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to develop a thorough knowledge of quality management.
- Those who wish to learn how to develop the capabilities of their operation’s processes to improve process performance.
- Team Leaders
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Appreciate the quality tools and techniques at your disposal.
- Understand how you can reach your quality goals via the use of audits and quality awards.
- Examine the intricacies of applying quality stands in service delivery.
- Know and use the tools to define and plan your project accurately and powerfully.
- Understand and evaluate the Risks & Stakeholders on a project.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.