In 2017 the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals picked up the mission of helping the world’s developing countries achieve big improvements by 2030 across 17 fundamental themes. These included “No Poverty”, “Zero Hunger”, “Good Health and Well-Being” ,”Quality Education” and “Gender Equality”. This training workshop looks at sustainability within the context of developing economies in very poor countries and examines the measurement methods used to assess progress.
- Sustainable Development
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainability in Developing Economies
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to:
- Community Relations managers and executives
- Health, Safety and Environmental managers and officers
- Risk managers and professionals
- Legal and compliance managers and professionals
- Managers and staff who wish to develop business practices to help their organizations act in a responsible way.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing corporate strategies that consider environmental, social and governance issues.
- Managers and staff responsible for CSR projects.
- Managers and staff who plan and implement corporate policies in relation to community relations, environmental protection, health and safety, procurement and the supply chain.
- Any member of the organization who is tasked with developing sustainability or corporate responsibility initiatives or strategies.
- Executives tasked with delivering business results while at the same time protecting and enhancing their company’s reputation for responsible behaviour.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have:
- Learned what Sustainable Development means.
- Understood the agenda for the UN initiative on Sustainable Development.
- Looked at the application of the Sustainable Development goals within selected countries.
- Assessed how your organization might get involved with Sustainable Development Goals initiatives.
Duration: 1 week
Duration: 3 days
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 90 min