By attending this course, non-finance staff who need to extend their understanding of finance will learn how this could make a difference to their organization’s financial management.
You will also explore the specific role that is required of strategic managers in an organization with a more detailed examination of some key elements.
You will be able to successfully lead public services to achieve service excellence and community objectives.
The course includes site visits to organizations relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- Investment and Financial Management of Long-term Projects
- Financial Management – Stakeholder Expectations
- Pricing Decisions
- Public Sector Strategic Management
- Politics and the Public Sector
- Aligning the Public Sector to Support the Economy
- Public Sector Finance Strategy
- Public Sector Strategic Planning
- Public Sector – Leading Strategic Change
- Site Visits
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for Directors and Deputy Directors, and all other public sector senior officers who:
- work directly to lead politicians and with other public services to achieve broader community outcomes (public health and well-being and economic development).
- are responsible for achieving the authority’s strategic objectives and can commit the resources to achieve them.
- need to extend their understanding of finance to more specific operational activities.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyse the role of finance in project delivery.
- Appreciate the role of stakeholders and their impact on an organization’s financial performance.
- Understand the processes involved in deciding prices.
- Focus on ensuring that the authority and its services are fit for purpose in the current, medium and long term.
- Keep a strategic overview of service delivery.
- Understand when and how to ‘intervene’ in the authority’s operations.
- ‘step-up’ to lead the whole service.
- Define service outcomes.
- Understand the responsibilities of the service ‘end-to-end’ manager.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£7065 + VAT